Many had predicted that one of the acts ditched from last week’s boot camp could be returning to X Factor this weekend (cough cough Terry), but this morning it was revealed that producers will actually be kicking out a quarter of the contestants to keep the show fresh.
It’s almost like Stalinist Russia.
Yes folks, FOUR acts will bid fame and fortune a fond farewell this weekend as each judge will be forced to boot out one of their acts, meaning there will be no public vote.
Walsh summoned a variety of his favourite cliches to describe the situation, saying: “It’s all to play for” and show bosses hope the new twist will encourage the acts to “step up a gear to the live stage”.
Contestants looked shocked as they were told the news, with Frankie Cocozza, Kitty Brucknell and girl group Rhythmix looking most worried.
Now it’s down to the judges to put through just three of the four acts they are currently mentoring.
Barlow told the nervous bunch: “There’s going to be no public vote – instead each judge must vote off one of their acts.
“This is the X Factor stage – it’s one thing singing by the pool but it all changes here. This is where stars are born, like Leona – it’s all going to feel very different on Saturday.”