Tonight, itâs the grand finale of that great, British baking competition, the Great British Bake Off! So, in celebration, weâve decided to gather up the best lines, the very finest crumbs of wisdom, that our remaining three contestants, as well as Mary, Paul, Mel and Sue, utter in this final, amazing episode.
Donât worry, though, nothingâs given away, there are no spoilers, and to make things more difficult weâve not matched the quotes up to the people who said them.
There are 5 nuggets of knowledge from John, 4 precision-engineered soundbites from Brendan, 4 of Jamesâ flustered exclamations, and one each from Paul and Mel, not to mention a mystery quote from a previous contestant!
Have a great bake tonight, and try to avoid a soggy bottom!
1) âStop dripping!â?
2) âHello, are you in there?â?
3) âIâm dipping, Iâm dipping mateâ?
4) âI had a nightmare this week that the whole BBO tent was pitch dark!â?
5) âI have been practicing my puff quite a lot, so to speak…â?
6) âKnowledge is power.â?
7) âIve done rough puff before, but itâs been hit and miss, but Iâm gonna try your method of putting it in lower.â?
8) âI want to be a baker when I grow up!â?
9) âPeople think that bakers are these dainty little housewives, but theyâre not, theyâre quite controlling people, who want to be told theyâre loved.â?
10) âI believe the one who can keep their emotions in check, is the one whoâs going to win.â?
11) âKind, Mary?! Kind!?â?
12) âCover me Iâm going in!â?
13) âIâm going to need a ruler!â?
14) âTen minutes of fondant fancy fondlage.â?
15) âWhatâs the point?â?
16) âIf in doubt, cover it in icing sugar!â?
And if you’ve still not had enough GBBO, why not check out Ten Things You Never Knew About Mary Berry