1. The name of the fictional Louisiana town of Bon Temps translates into ‘Good Times’ in French and it’s from the Cajun expression “Laissez les bon temps rouler!” “Let the good times roll”.
2. True Blood has its own take on vampire myths. For example, that well-known fact that vampires can’t see their own shadow, or reflection, in True Blood, this is just a myth and not true of Bon Temps’ vampires.
3. Tara’s character was originally going to be played by Brook Kerr but she was replaced with Rutina Wesley.
4. All of the episodes in season 2 were named after the song that played at the end of the episode.
5. Sam Merlotte, played by Sam Tramell, is the only member of the cast who is actually from Louisiana.
6. Charlaine Harris, the author of the books True Blood is based on, made a cameo appearance in the Season 2 finale.
7. British Eastenders star Rob Kazinsky who appeared as Macklyn Warlow in season 6. His scenes with Ryan Kwanten were very popular but Rob would have liked things to go further…‘It would’ve even been better if we had kissed or something like that, but because we just had to get really close it was impossible to not laugh!’